Skip to main content
Hardwood plywood has several key advantages:
- Environmentally Friendly – It's a natural product made from a renewable resource. Therefore, it is one of the most environmentally friendly decorative products available to the consumer. Visit our page on sustainable forest management to learn more.
- Strength – Pound for pound, plywood is stronger than steel in static bending strength. What makes plywood so strong is its unique cross-layered structure. The adhesives used to bond the veneers in plywood are actually stronger than the wood itself.
- Efficiency – The plywood manufacturing process achieves a more complete utilization of the log than lumber manufacturing. Thus, plywood manufacturing makes better use of the high-value woods prized by consumers today.
- Beauty – Architects and designers prefer the beauty of wood over any other material. The natural characteristics of wood make it attractive to the eye. No material can match the infinite variety of natural markings and figure patterns offered through fine hardwood.
- Versatility – A great variety of products in various shapes and sizes can be manufactured from hardwood plywood. Chair backs and seats, domes, bowling alley channels, and pianos are just a few of the many various curved plywood products.
- Durability – In museums all over the world are ancient examples of plywood furniture that have lasted hundreds of years.