Engineered hardwood flooring has several key advantages:
- Environmentally Friendly – It's a natural product made from a renewable resource. Therefore, it is one of the most environmentally friendly decorative products available to the consumer.
- Strength – Incredibly strong and tough, engineered hardwood floors are built in layers of hardwood plywood. Thanks to this unique construction, a product with greater strength and stability than even a solid wood plank is produced.
- Efficiency – The ability to resand and refinish just like solid wood floors is a great benefit for any consumer. Re-sanding a floor brings it back to life, making it look brand new again. This means you’re buying an affordable product that will still last long term.
- Beauty – The addition of beautiful hardwood floors brings instant comfort to any home. The species of woods to choose from come in a great range of options and grades, so no matter your budget, you can achieve the look and functionality you desire.
- Versatility – Engineered hardwood floors have performance features that make them a great choice for every area in your home, giving you real design flexibility and peace of mind. Its features make it a safe choice for areas where humidity and temperature levels fluctuate significantly, like kitchens, bathrooms, and even finished basements.
- Durability – When properly maintained, they can hold their gleam for decades and provide resistance against everyday wear-and-tear. They’re also resistant to buckling or rippling and remain durably sound in environments where carpets would stain or tear and tile may need to be re-grouted.